Iowa State Fair, August 10-20
Get ready for more thrills and excitement at the Iowa State Fair, August 10-20. The Best Days Ever will feature nine new rides for the 2023 Fair, including the long-awaited return of the iconic double Ferris Wheel. Eight rides will be in the main midway area, Thrill Ville, and one ride will be perfect for little ones in Thrill Town.
New rides coming to the Iowa State Fair include the following:
- Lil' Scrambler
- Mega Bounce
- Super Shot
- Musik Express
- Top Fun
- Double Ferris Wheel
Save on all the new rides as well as more than 43 rides in Thrill Town and Thrill Ville by purchasing ride passes in advance.
- Unlimited Ride Passes ($40)
- Good for 1 day of unlimited rides Monday-Thursday until 10 p.m. in Thrill Town and Thrill Ville (does not include games)
- Advance Ride/Game Passes ($30)
- 40 credits - Good any day of the Fair on any ride or game in Thrill Town and Thrill Ville
- State Fair Value Pack
- This value-packed deal includes specials on select rides and food. Value Packs include the following: a reloadable Thrill Pass with 5 credits, 1 Ye Old Mill OR Snakes Alive OR Train Exhibit admission, 1 Bungee Jump OR Krazy Maze, 1 Giant Slide, 1 Sky Glider, 4 $1 food/beverage tickets and 1 cup of Barksdale's State Fair Cookies. All for just $20!
Where to Go
Three different parks called Thrill Parks collectively include Thrill Ville, Thrill Town and Thrill Zone. Each park is designed for different levels of thrill seekers from little ones to the biggest and best thrills.
- Thrill Ville: Buckle your seat belt for the newest, fastest and most thrilling amusement rides. Thrill Ville offers a clean and family friendly atmosphere, but focuses on the spectacular, jaw dropping and super-speed screams of the best of today's rides. Thrill Ville is located between the Grandstand and Ye Old Mill.
- Thrill Town: Little Fairgoers and their families will find loads of fun and stroller parking in Thrill Town. Thrill Town features kid friendly rides in a fun, clean and convenient location without having to navigate the larger Thrill Park areas. Thrill Town is located east of Gate 10 and directly north of the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center Lawn.
- Thrill Zone: Fairgoers seeking breathtaking, heart-stopping, hair-raising adventure will find it in the Thrill Zone. These unforgettable attractions will have you talking about the Iowa State Fair for months to come. Thrill Zone is located north of Gate 11 on the Fairgrounds.
Plan now for all your BEST DAYS EVER with advance admission, State Fair Value Packs, and Thrill Park passes at iowastatefair.org.