All safety precautions will be followed per current CDC guidelines.
- Please stay home if you are sick, experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
- Additional hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available.
- Restrooms and high touch areas will be cleaned regularly.
- Please practice distancing when possible.
- No capacity limits are currently in place for buildings or other locations.
- Per current CDC guidelines, masks are recommended indoors, but not a requirement.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will communicate any updates as we approach opening day.
All safety precautions will be followed per CDC guidelines in August 2021.
- Please stay home if you are sick, experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been recently exposed to COVID-19. Additional hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available. Restrooms and high touch areas will be cleaned regularly. Please practice distancing when possible. Masks are not required, but you are welcome to wear them. No capacity limits are currently in place for buildings or other locations.
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted on the Fairgrounds. Firearms are prohibited on the Iowa State Fairgrounds with or without a valid Iowa permit to carry. Please allow additional time for bag checks, park entrance, and metal detectors. Grandstand bags and backpacks will be subject to search upon entry.
The Fair's mission is to celebrate Iowa’s agricultural heritage by providing a quality environment and facilities to further education and to offer entertainment and competition for all ages. Offer opportunities for individual growth for all involved. We take safety very seriously at the Fair and strive to provide a family friendly, safe and healthy environment.
Weapons of any kind are not permitted on the Fairgrounds. Firearms are prohibited on the Iowa State Fairgrounds with or without a valid Iowa permit to carry unless authorized by the Fair Board, as per Iowa Code. Failure to comply with this rule shall be cause for being expelled from the Fairgrounds and/or being charged under Iowa Code.
The Iowa State Fair reserves the right to search all bags, backpacks, coolers, purses, containers etc. upon entry to the Fair and upon request while on the Fairgrounds. Refusal to comply will result in denied entry. There will be additional bag searches upon entering main gates and the Grandstand.
PLEASE COMPLY WITH THE POSTED RULES AND SIGNS INCLUDING:
- ALL BAGS ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION
- WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- NO OUTSIDE GLASS BOTTLES, CANS, DRINK CONTAINERS, COOLERS OR FOOD
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED IN BARNS, OCCUPIED STRUCTURES AND MUSIC VENUES
- NO EXPLOSIVE AND/OR FLAMMABLE OBJECTS
- NO PETS ALLOWED, EXCEPT TRAINED SERVICE ANIMALS
- NO DRONES
- ALL LOCAL AND STATE LAWS AND ORDINANCES APPLY
- ANY ADDITIONAL ITEM(S) DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE, HARMFUL OR UNSAFE ARE SUBJECT TO CONFISCATION
The Iowa State Fair has the right to refuse entry or remove individuals for non-compliance. The Iowa State Fair is not responsible for damage or loss to vehicles or personal property.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED ON IOWA STATE FAIRGROUNDS PROPERTY:
- FIREARMS, AMMUNITION AND WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- MARIJUANA (INCLUDING MARIJUANA ENRICHED PRODUCTS) OR ANY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE
- FIREWORKS OR OTHER SIMILARLY EXPLOSIVE AND/OR FLAMMABLE OBJECTS
- OUTSIDE GLASS BOTTLES, CANS, DRINK CONTAINERS, COOLERS OR FOOD
- PETS, EXCEPT TRAINED SERVICE ANIMALS
- ANY ADDITIONAL ITEM(S) DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE, HARMFUL OR UNSAFE
All local, state laws and ordinances apply. The Iowa State Fair reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any individual for non-compliance
SEVERE WEATHER POLICY
A severe weather announcement will be communicated over the grounds wide paging system alerting fair patrons to seek cover in the nearest building. The announcement will be repeated every two minutes.
Fairgoers may get general Fair alerts at ‘FAIR’ to 844.844.8508.
GRANDSTAND SEVERE WEATHER
If eminent weather is forecast, evident or indicated by Doppler radar or issued by the National Weather Service an announcement will be made to the attendants. This may delay the event start or require temporary relocation by Grandstand event staff.
Lost children or lost people should be taken to the Hall of Law – Iowa State Patrol Booth, located underneath the grandstand, until midnight. Paging is done from the Hall of Law from 9 a.m. to midnight; it is only available for lost children, senior citizens or medical emergencies. “Kid Find” wristbands will be available at all Information booths, the Hall of Law at the Star 102.5 booth at the west end of the Grandstand and at the 93.3 KIOA& 103.3 LAZER booth in Thrill Zone. Wristbands courtesy of Mercy Children’s Hospital and Clinics.
The Hy-Vee Health and First Aid Center is located east of the John Deere Agriculture Building, and a satellite station is located at the Robert G. Horner & Sheri Avis Horner Service Center. Locations are staffed by Des Moines Fire and Rescue.
All bags and backpacks are subject to search upon entry to the Grandstand. Refusal to comply will result in denied entry. Prohibited items include: weapons of any kind; bottles, cans, coolers; video or tape recorders (still photos may be taken at the discretion of the performer).
As an agricultural institution, we are proud to share our rich heritage through livestock education, entertainment and competition. The Iowa State Fair does not condone animal abuse of any kind. We have strict animal care policies in place, codes of ethics for 4-H and FFA members to abide by and an Animal Care Committee. We strive to make the Iowa State Fair a safe and enjoyable place for people and animals alike.
During the Fair, the Fair does not provide space for meet and greets, campaign rallies, fundraisers or other political events. Political signs and picketing are allowed only in designated areas.
Thank you for your cooperation and see you at the Fair!