Parking / DART Park & Ride
Getting to the Fair is easy. You can pay to park in the Fair's lots, park for free and ride DART's State Fair Park & Ride shuttle or arrive via motor coach. Once you arrive, "Nothing Compares" to the Iowa State Fair!
BLUE LINE PARKING SHUTTLE
Parking lots are available for motorcycle and vehicle parking in the North, Northeast and University Lots for $10. Fairgoers can take the Blue Line Parking Shuttle inside the North and Northeast parking lots for FREE from designated stops to the admission gates.
Bicycle parking is also available inside Gate 11 for free.
TAXIS, UBER AND LYFT
Taxis, Uber and Lyft will be available at Gate 8 for pick up and drop off.
DART PARK & RIDE
Show your advance Fair admission ticket at one of DART’s three State Fair Park & Ride locations and receive half off the round-trip fare. Parking is free at all DART locations from 8:30 a.m. to midnight every day of the Fair. Fairgoers will be dropped off and picked up at the DART Transit Hub at Gate 10 on the Fairgrounds.
- Round-trip fares are cash only. All buses are wheelchair accessible.
- $2 adults (ages 11-64)
- $1 children ages 6-10, adults (65+), Medicare card holders and people with disabilities (half-fare)
- Children 5 and younger are free
- Center Street Park & Ride - 7th and Center Street; enter on 7th Street
- Southeast Polk High School - N.E. 80th Street and Highway 163
- Iowa State Capitol - on East 12th Street, east side of the Capitol building near the State Capitol bell
Discount: Show your Iowa State Fair advance admission ticket OR use the MyDART app to receive half off the round-trip fare!
For more details, contact DART by phone at 515-283-8100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three parking lots are available for motorcycle or vehicle parking at $10 per vehicle. Motorcycles may park in any lot, but the northeast corner of the North parking lot (between the Gate 1 and Gate 2 entrances) has an area designated and roped off for motorcycles. Bicycle parking is available inside Gate 11 for free.