Fair Time Camping: Registered
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iowa State Fair Scooter Policy
Three or four wheeled, manual or electrically driven (at a walking pace) OPDMDs are permitted to be used in all areas open to pedestrian use so long as these devices are 1) designed by the manufacturer for single rider use only; 2) occupied by only one rider while in operation; and 3) not pulling or towing any trailer-like object. Scooters are available for rental, during the fair, at Gates 8, 10, 11, 13, and 15.
ADA Accessible Spots
The Iowa State Fair offers ADA accessible sites to registered campers. Not a registered camper yet? Visit the Non-Registered Camping page for more information, including a non-registered camper information packet or to be placed on the camping wait list.
Anyone who qualifies for disabled parking privileges and has a disabled parking placard, tabs or license plates may park in disabled camping spaces.
- DMV tag, stickers or license plate will be requested upon check-in.
- The disabled individual must stay on the site for the duration of the reservation.
- If an ADA site is not reserved by a registered camper, it will be opened to non-registered campers.
The available sites are:
- 7-A-35 Full Utility 20’ x 30’
- 5-D-10 Electric 20’ x 33’
- 5-D-13 Electric 20’ x 35’
- 4-E-9 Electric 20’ x 25.5’
- 11-A-7 Full Utility 20’ x 30’
- 6-M-1 Full Utility 20’ x 35’
- 6-M-2 Electric 20’ x 35’
- 6-M-3 Electric 20’ x 35’
- 3-DD-2 Full Utility 20'x54'
If you choose to camp on an ADA spot, you will pay for that spot’s utility. You won’t lose your current camp spot, but it will be rented out for this year’s fair. You cannot maintain your current spot and purchase a second ADA spot. After the fair, the ADA spots will all be released for rental for next year’s fair. The ADA spots will never be listed as a primary camping spot under an individual’s name. The ADA spots are only available on a first come first serve basis and once they are registered for, they will be unavailable. It is our goal to try and add more ADA spots each year as turnover occurs. To reserve an accessible spot please call 515.262.3111 ext. 264.