Fair Time Camping: Registered
Iowa State Fair Scooter Policy
Three to four wheeled, manual or electrically driven (at a walking pace) scooters are permitted to be used in all areas open to pedestrian use. These devices shall be single rider only devices that cannot exceed 36" wide x 52" long. Scooters are available for rental, during the fair, at Gates 8, 10, 11, 13 and 15.
Other power driven mobility devices are not permitted on the Iowa State Fairgrounds due to legitimate safety concerns. These concerns involve the risk of potential harm to the operator and others by the operation of the mobility device and have been determined by the following standards:
- The type, size, weight, dimensions and speed of the device.
- The Iowa State Fairgrounds volume of pedestrian traffic.
- The Iowa State Fairgrounds design and operational characteristics.
- Whether legitimate safety requirements can be established to permit the safe operation of the device.
ADA Accessible Spots
The Iowa State Fair offers ADA accessible sites to registered campers. Not a registered camper yet? Visit the Non-Registered Camping page for more information, including a non-registered camper information packet or to be placed on the camping wait list.
Anyone who qualifies for disabled parking privileges and has a disabled parking placard, tabs or license plates may park in disabled camping spaces.
- DMV tag, stickers or license plate will be requested upon check-in.
- The disabled individual must stay on the site for the duration of the reservation.
- If an ADA site is not reserved by a registered camper, it will be opened to non-registered campers.
The available sites are:
- 7-A-35 Full Utility 20’ x 30’
- 5-D-10 Electric 20’ x 33’
- 5-D-13 Electric 20’ x 35’
- 4-E-9 Electric 20’ x 25.5’
- 11-A-7 Full Utility 20’ x 30’
- 6-M-1 Full Utility 20’ x 35’
- 6-M-2 Electric 20’ x 35’
- 6-M-3 Electric 20’ x 35’
- 3-DD-2 Full Utility 20'x54'
If you choose to camp on an ADA spot, you will pay for that spot’s utility. You won’t lose your current camp spot, but it will be rented out for this year’s fair. You cannot maintain your current spot and purchase a second ADA spot. After the fair, the ADA spots will all be released for rental for next year’s fair. The ADA spots will never be listed as a primary camping spot under an individual’s name. The ADA spots are only available on a first come first serve basis and once they are registered for, they will be unavailable. It is our goal to try and add more ADA spots each year as turnover occurs. To reserve an accessible spot please call 515.262.3111 ext. 264.