Aug 08 - 18, 2024 | Days | Hours | Min
West Chester Cook Wins Fair Ribs Award
Joshua Carr of West Chester won first place in the Cinnamon Ridge Farms Amazing Ribs competition judged Thursday, August 10, at the 2023 Iowa State Fair.
Entries were judged on texture, flavor and appearance.
Additional results follow:
Beef Ribs Creation
1) Jacqueline Riekena, West Des Moines
2) Joshua Carr, West Chester
3) Cindy Streff, Urbandale
Pork Ribs Creation
1) Joshua Carr, West Chester
2) Connie Schaffer-Sherman, Pleasant Hill
3) Jacqueline Riekena, West Des Moines
The Iowa State Fair Food Department is the largest of any state fair in the country. There are 138 divisions, 695 classes and over 6,800 entries at this year’s Fair. Food Department judging is held in the Elwell Family Food Center.