Pop Sensation Carly Rae Jepsen Completes Iowa State Fair Grandstand Line-up
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 Des Moines, IA
Carly Rae Jepsen will perform at the Iowa State Fair Grandstand on Saturday, August 17, with special guest The Wanted. The show completes this year’s Grandstand line-up. Tickets for all shows will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 4, through all Ticketmaster outlets. The 2013 line-up is presented by U.S. Cellular.
With 9.1 million singles sold and a record-breaking nine consecutive weeks at number-one, Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” catapulted the Canadian singer’s success and made her an over-night viral sensation. The multi-platinum song earned two Teen Choice Awards and two Grammy Award nominations as well as over four hundred million hits on YouTube. British pop artists The Wanted will open the August 17 show.
Grammy Award-winning rock artists Train will perform hit songs like “Drops of Jupiter,” “Calling All Angels” and “Marry Me” on August 16. They will be joined by double-platinum contemporary artist Matt Nathanson.
Country superstars Alan Jackson and Gary Allan will take the stage August 18. Jackson’s authentic lyrics and connection to traditional country roots helped him produce anthems like “Chattahoochie,” “It’s Five O’clock Somewhere” and “Small Town Southern Man.” Allan’s ten studio albums have produced hit song after hit song including “Nothing on but the Radio,” “Watching Airplanes” and “Every Storm.”
Shows featuring Dierks Bentley and Toby Keith round out this year’s country selections. Bentley will perform with special guest Justin Moore on August 11. Kip Moore will open for Keith’s August 15 performance.
Contemporary Christian artists Casting Crowns will bring their soulful tunes to the stage opening night, August 8. They will be joined by special guest Jeremy Camp.
Launched into stardom with her hit show on Nickelodeon, Victoria Justice has quickly made her mark on the music scene. She will be joined byThe Sing Off’s season three champions, Pentatonix, on August 13.
FormerSaturday Night Livestars Dana Carvey, Kevin Nealon and Dennis Miller will offer their own unique flavor of comedy in a stand-up routine that’s sure to have Fairgoers laughing on August 10.
The Grandstand will be filled with hits from the 60s and 70s on August 9 with the Happy Together Tour 2013 starring The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, Chuck Negron, Mark Lindsay and Gary Lewis.
Motor sports action kicks into high gear August 12 with the Deery Brothers Summer Series for Late Models. The Grand Outlaw National Tractor and Truck Pull roars into the Grandstand August 14. The Demolition Derby and Figure Eight will tear up the track for a morning session on August 17.
Tickets for all concert and track events will go on sale Saturday, May 4, at 10 a.m. through all Ticketmaster outlets, online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800/745-3000. All concert events are reserved seating. All track events are general admission. Beginning July 8, the Fair’s Ticket Office will be open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to Noon on Saturday for walk-up orders only (no mail, phone or fax orders). Convenience charges will apply to all tickets. Grandstand tickets do not include admission to the Fair. Gate admission must be purchased separately.
A complete listing of event dates, times and ticket prices follows:
2013 Iowa State Fair Grandstand Line-up presented by U.S. Cellular
- Thursday, August 8 - Casting Crowns with special guest Jeremy Camp, 8 p.m., $30
- Friday, August 9 - Happy Together Tour 2013 starring The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, Chuck Negron, Mark Lindsay and Gary Lewis, 8 p.m., $25
- Saturday, August 10 - Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller and Kevin Nealon from SNL, 8 p.m., $38
- Sunday, August 11 - Dierks Bentley with special guest Justin Moore, 8 p.m., $39
- Monday, August 12 - Deery Brothers Summer Series for Late Models, IMCA Sport Mods, IMCA Stock Cars, IMCA Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Dirt Trucks, 5:30 p.m. Hot Laps, 6 p.m. Races, $17 adults, $5 children ages 6-11, free for ages 5 and under
- Tuesday, August 13 - Victoria Justice with special guest Pentatonix, 8 p.m., $29
- Wednesday, August 14 - Grand Outlaw National Tractor and Truck Pull sponsored by Iowa Farmer Today, 2 p.m., $20 Adults, $10 children ages 6-11, free for ages 5 and under
- Thursday, August 15 - Toby Keith’s Hammer Down Tour presented by Ford F-Series with special guest Kip Moore, 8 p.m., $49
- Friday, August 16 - Train with special guest Matt Nathanson, 8 p.m., $39
- Saturday, August 17 - Demolition Derby: Modified Weld, Stock Weld and Compact Weld; Figure Eight: Front Wheel Drive and Rear Wheel Drive, 11:30 a.m., $15 adults, $5 children ages 6-11, free for ages 5 and under
- Saturday, August 17 - Carly Rae Jepsen with special guest The Wanted, 8 p.m., $35
- Sunday, August 18 - Alan Jackson and Gary Allan, 8 p.m., $39
About Iowa State Fair
Frequently ranked as one of the top events in the country, the Iowa State Fair is the single largest event in the state of Iowa and one of the oldest and largest agricultural and industrial expositions in the country. Annually attracting more than a million people from all over the world, the Iowa State Fair, located at East 30th and East University, just 10 minutes from downtown Des Moines, is Iowa’s greatest celebration with a salute to the best in agriculture, industry, entertainment and achievement. Nothing Compares to Fair Favorites, August 8-18, 2019. For more information, visit www.iowastatefair.org.