Iowa State Fair Ticket Office Opens July 9
Thursday, July 5, 2012 Des Moines, IA
“Nothing Compares” to affordable family entertainment at the Iowa State Fair, August 9 – 19. For Fairgoers planning ahead, the State Fair Ticket Office will open July 9 and is offering discounted tickets for admission, rides and more. Or purchase online and choose the print at home option for an even easier way to get admission tickets.
Save up to 30 percent off gate admission with advance admission tickets, on sale through August 8 or while supplies last. Adult admission tickets are just $7 in advance (regularly $10), and children’s admission tickets are only $3 in advance (regularly $4). Fairgoers can print advance admission tickets at home when purchasing them online at iowastatefair.org. This fee-free option is easy and convenient. Tickets may also be purchased at participating Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee Drugstores, Dahl's Foods and Fareway Stores. Tickets are good any one Fair day. Children 5 and under are admitted free every day.
Fair Play Packs
These value-packed kits are good any Fair day and are perfect for employee incentives or Fair-loving families! Fair Play Packs are available at the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org (5 percent processing fee applies) through August 8. Three different packages provide visitors of all ages with plenty of food, fun and entertainment. The three packs include:
· Ages 12 and older,$19(up to a $29.50 value): Includes one adult gate admission; one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride; one Sky Glider ride; one Snakes Alive, Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission; one Area 51 – Scare Zone admission and five $1 food and beverage tickets.
· Ages 6-11,$18(up to a $28.50 value): Includes one child gate admission; one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride; one Sky Glider ride; one Snakes Alive, Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission; one midway ride; one pony or camel ride and five $1 food and beverage tickets.
· Ages 5 and under,$15(up to a $24.50 value): Includes one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride; one Sky Glider ride; one Snakes Alive, Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission; one midway ride; one pony or camel ride and five $1 food and beverage tickets.
Buy a convenient Punch Card with 11 days of adult Fair admission for just $77. Each punch is good for one admission to the Fair. Cards may be used by individuals or families. Punch Cards may only be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org (5 percent processing fee applies).
Experience the Fair’s new zipline. Buy two tickets (regular single tickets $7) for $10 and save $4. Available at the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org (5 percent processing fee applies). Must be purchased by August 8. Available while supplies last.
Save on the midway with a Midway Play Pack - a set of five midway ride tickets for only $13. Each ticket is good for one ride. Available through August 8 at the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org (5 percent processing fee applies). Or purchase a Midway Mega Pass wristband, good for unlimited mechanical rides any one Fair day from open to close including weekends. Mega Passes are $25 (does not include gate admission) and are available through August 8 at the State Fair Ticket Office, online at iowastatefair.org (5 percent processing fee applies) or statewide Walgreens and Des Moines-area Hy-Vee stores.
Buy a set of five $1 food tickets good for food or beverage purchase at any Fairgrounds concession, excluding the midway. Cost is $5 per set, and they may be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org (5 percent processing fee applies).
Enjoy these special offers only available during the Fair. Visit iowastatefair.org for rules and details.
· On Opening Day, August 9, from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., enjoy free gate admission with the coupon from the Sunday, August 5 Des Moines Register or the Wednesday, August 8 Des Moines Register full page Hy-Vee ad.
· Save with half price gate admission after 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· On Older Iowans’ Day, August 15, gate admission is just $7 for Fairgoers ages 60 and over.
· On Extreme Sunday, August 19, take advantage of half-price admission all day and free parking for carloads of five or more in the Fair’s north parking lot.
· During the Fair, purchase a midway wristband any weekday for unlimited mechanical rides from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wristbands are $25 and are available during the Fair at midway ticket booths only.
· Purchase two zipline tickets for $12. Regular price single tickets are $7.
The State Fair Ticket Office, located in theAdministrationBuildingon the Fairgrounds, is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Online orders placed after 4 p.m. on July 27 will not be mailed but will be held at will call. Walk-up orders will be available until August 8. Cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard or Discover are accepted. All offers good while supplies last.
Fairgoers can enjoy an even bigger benefit when buying early: advance admission tickets have a coupon for a free small Potato Olé® at participating Iowa-area Taco John’s. Coupon expires 9/30/12. See store for details.
About Iowa State Fair
Frequently ranked as one of the top events in the country, the Iowa State Fair is the single largest event in the state of Iowa and one of the oldest and largest agricultural and industrial expositions in the country. Annually attracting more than a million people from all over the world, the Iowa State Fair, located at East 30th and East University, just 10 minutes from downtown Des Moines, is Iowa’s greatest celebration with a salute to the best in agriculture, industry, entertainment and achievement. Nothing Compares to Fair Favorites, August 8-18, 2019. For more information, visit www.iowastatefair.org.