Fair Hours & Admission
- Grounds: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.; no entry or re-entry after 9 p.m. on Extreme Sunday, August 17
- Buildings: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Midway: 10 a.m. to Midnight
Regular Gate Admission
Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted at the gate.
- Adults (Ages 12+): $11
- Children (Ages 6-11): $5
- Children (Ages 5 & Under): FREE
Discounted Fairtime Admission
During the 2013 Iowa State Fair, visitors could save up to $5 off regular gate admission by taking advantage of these special offers:
- $5 OFF ADULT TICKETS AFTER 5: After 5 p.m. each weekday of the Fair (Monday through Thursday), regular gate admission was just $6 for adults and $3 for Fairgoers ages 6-11.
- VETERANS’ DAY: On Monday, August 11, active and retired members of the United States military and their spouses are admitted for $8 with a military ID. Available at the Gate from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- OLDER IOWANS’ DAY: On Wednesday, August 13, Fairgoers ages 60+ get in for just $8. Available at the Gate from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- EXTREME SUNDAY: On Sunday, August 17, visitors enjoyed one last day at the Fair with $5 off regular adult admission and $2 off admission for Fairgoers ages 6-11. Available at the Gate from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Three parking lots are available for Fair motorcycle and vehicle parking: North, Sims and Northeast Lot. Bicycle parking is available inside Gate 10. Buses and drivers are admitted free.