Fair Hours & Admission
- Grounds: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.; no entry or re-entry after 9 p.m. on Extreme Sunday, August 23
- Buildings: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Midway: 10 a.m. to Midnight
Regular Gate Admission
Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted at the gate.
- Adults (Ages 12+): $11
- Children (Ages 6-11): $5
- Children (Ages 5 & Under): FREE
Discounted Fairtime Admission
Save up to $5 off regular gate admission by taking advantage of these special offers:
- $5 OFF ADULT TICKETS AFTER 5: Admission is $6 for adults and $3 for kids age 6-11 from 5 to 10 p.m. at the gate Monday through Thursday (not good with any other offer).
- VETERANS' DAY: On Monday, August 17, active and former members of the United States military who can show proof of veteran status enjoy $8 gate admission (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- CANNED FOOD DRIVE: On Tuesday, August 18, get $3 off regular admission (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.) with a donation of at least two canned food items. Limit one discount per donation (not good with any other offer).
- OLDER IOWANS' DAY: On Wednesday, August 19, Fairgoers ages 60 and up get in for $8 at the gate until 5 p.m. (not good with any other offer).
- EXTREME SUNDAY: $5 off regular adult admission and $2 off admission for Fairgoers age 6-11 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, August 23 (not good with any other discount).
Three parking lots are available for Fair motorcycle and vehicle parking: North, Sims and Northeast Lot. Bicycle parking is available inside Gate 10. Buses and drivers are admitted free.