Fair Hours & Admission
- Grounds: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.; no entry or re-entry after 9 p.m. on Extreme Sunday, August 23
- Buildings: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Midway: 10 a.m. to Midnight
Regular Gate Admission
Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted at the gate.
- Adults (Ages 12+): $11
- Children (Ages 6-11): $5
- Children (Ages 5 & Under): FREE
Discounted Fairtime Admission
During the 2014 Iowa State Fair, visitors saved up to $5 off regular gate admission by taking advantage of these special offers:
- $5 OFF ADULT TICKETS AFTER 5: Admission is $6 for adults and $3 for kids age 6-11 from 5 to 10 p.m. at the gate Monday through Thursday (not good with any other offer).
- OPENING DAY: On Thursday, August 7, enjoy $6 adult admission and $3 child admission at the Gate from 5 a.m. to Noon with a coupon from the August 3 Des Moines Sunday Register (not good with any other offer).
- VETERANS' DAY: On Monday, August 11, active and retired members of the military and their spouses are admitted for $8 at the gate (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.) with a military ID (not good with any other offer).
- CANNED FOOD DRIVE: On Tuesday, August 12, get $3 off regular admission (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.) with a donation of at least two canned food items. Limit one discount per donation (not good with any other offer).
- OLDER IOWANS' DAY: On Wednesday, August 13, Fairgoers ages 60 and up get in for $8 at the gate until 5 p.m. (not good with any other offer).
- EXTREME SUNDAY: $5 off regular adult admission and $2 off admission for Fairgoers age 6-11 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, August 17 (not good with any other discount).
Check back in the spring for information on the 2015 discount days.
Three parking lots are available for Fair motorcycle and vehicle parking: North, Sims and Northeast Lot. Bicycle parking is available inside Gate 10. Buses and drivers are admitted free.