Iowa State Fair Food
The Iowa State Fair boasts nearly 200 food stands and nearly 70 delectable items available on-a-stick.
Two Iowa Celiac support groups combined efforts to develop a list of offerings for those dealing with food allergies or health related issues. Check out a list of the Gluten-free food options.
Fair Food Finder App
The Des Moines Register partners with the Iowa State Fair to provide a Fair Food Finder app compatible with all apple devices. In 2014, the app's functionality was also available as a mobile webpage for non-apple users.
New Food at the Fair
Fairgoers enjoyed these value-priced offerings (available for $3 or less) along with countless other foods during the 2014 Fair.
- Brownie Blitz: a delicious combination of cream cheese brownie bits, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and coconut (available at Bauders Ice Cream on the southwest side of the Agriculture Building)
- Caprese Salad On-a-Stick: a mouthwatering skewer of cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinaigrette (available at the Salad Bowl in the Agriculture Building and Cultural Center Courtyard)
- Smoked Brisket and Bacon Mac N Cheese: macaroni topped with chunks of smoked brisket and apple wood smoked bacon and tossed in a creamy three cheese sauce (available at the Rib Shack in Walnut Square)
- Three Buck Bowl: two crispy potato skins filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh salsa and shredded cheddar cheese (available at Steer N Stein on the Grand Concourse)
- Funnel Cake Sticks: vanilla, chocolate or strawberry funnel cake batter, served on-a-stick and topped with icing (available at Arnold’s Concessions on Grand Avenue across from Hy-Vee Health and First Aid)
- Zombie Cones: shaved ice cones available in sour cherry, blueberry, grape, orange, lime or bubble gum flavors and topped with a gummy eyeball or sour worm (available at Cherie Schler Concessions at the northwest corner of the Putney Family Cattle Barn)
- Red Velvet Flurry: chunks of red velvet cake mixed with vanilla ice cream and cream cheese frosting (available at Ford Concessions in Walnut Square)
- Jumbo Toasted Marshmallow On-a-stick: homemade jumbo marshmallows in vanilla bean, caramel, chocolate or maple bacon flavors, toasted to perfection and served on-a-stick (available at Beaverdale Confections in Shoppers’ Mart)
Other new foods in 2014 included:
- Fair-berry Fair Square (available at the Fair Square stand at the northwest corner of the Administration Building)
- Pineapple Inside Out Funnel Cake (available at The Best Around Concessions in the Triangle east of the Administration Building)
- Chicken Fried Bacon (available at Benoit Concessions west the Varied Industries Building)
- Chocolate Covered Chunky Bacon Maple Nougat On-a-stick (available at Dipped in Chocolate on the southwest side of the Livestock Pavilion)
- Chocolate Covered Cookies N Cream On-a-stick (available at Dipped in Chocolate on the southwest side of the Livestock Pavilion)
- Mexican Grilled Corn On-the-cob (available at Steak & Shakeup on the southwest corner of the Livestock Pavilion and the east end of the Varied Industries Building)
- Tater Dog On-a-stick (available at Brenda Smith Concessions west of the Riley Stage)