Iowa State Fair Food
The Iowa State Fair boasts nearly 200 food stands and nearly 70 delectable items available on-a-stick.
Two Iowa Celiac support groups combined efforts to develop a list of offerings for those dealing with food allergies or health related issues. Check out a list of the Gluten-free food options.
Fair Food Finder App
The Des Moines Register partners with the Iowa State Fair to provide a Fair Food Finder app compatible with all apple devices. The app's functionality is also available as a mobile webpage for non-apple users.
New Food at the Fair
Check out these tasty treats to be featured at the 2015 Iowa State Fair!
- Apple Pie On-A-Stick: sliced apples dipped in a funnel cake batter and apple pie spice, deep fried and topped with cinnamon sugar. Served with a side of caramel and three apple wedges.
- Corn in a Cup: Available in two varieties. "The Iowan," which includes a cup of corn niblets, pork sausage, cheddar cheese, mayo, butter, lime and spicy magic dust. "The Mexican" is a blend of corn niblets, pork chorizo, coyote cheese, butter, mayo, lime, and spicy magic dust.
- Cattleman's Steak Fajita Wrap: juicy marinated certified angus beef, traditonal peppers and onions, lettuce, and cheese all wrapped in a flour tortilla, and topped with a chipotle mayo.
- Deep Fried Nacho Balls: seasoned ground beef, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese rolled in a Nacho Cheese Dorito crust. Deep fried and served with nacho cheese dipping sauce.
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Cluster: a blend coconut, pretzel pieces, and caramel dipped in chocolate and served on a stick.
- Ultimate Bacon Brisket Bomb: smoked pure ground brisket, diced jalapenos, a few onions, infused with a pepper cheese, all wrapped in bacon, and served with a sweet and spicy chili glaze.
Other new foods in 2015 include:
- Chocolate Marshmallow Malt Fair Square (available at the Fair Square stand at the northwest corner of the Administration Building)
- Bruschetta (available at Parlo Pizza near Grandfather's Barn)
- Deep Fried Cherry Pie (available at Fyfe Concessions in front of The Grandstand)
- Donut Sundae (available at Ford's Concessions in Walnut Square)
- Golden Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Stick (available at Veggie Table on the north side of The Varied Industries Building, west of the main entrance)
- Gluten Free Corndog (available at Campbell's Concessions at the northwest corner of The Varied Industries building)
- Kernel Kluster (available at Snappy Popcorn, which is north of the Animal Learning Center and east of Little Hands on the Farm)