Iowa State Fair Food
The Iowa State Fair boasts nearly 200 food stands and more than 50 delectable items available on-a-stick. Just take a look at what yummy foods can be found at the Fair!
Two Iowa Celiac support groups combined efforts to develop a list of offerings for those dealing with food allergies or health related issues. Check out a list of the Gluten-free food options.
New Listings for 2012
New foods this year offer even more tasty options to Fairgoers and add to the over 50 kinds of food on-a-stick available at the Fair.
- Nothing Spared Fair Square, made with marshmallows, crisped rice cereal, pretzels, potato chips, Oreos, toffee and M&Ms®; available at the Fair Square stand on the northwest corner of the Administration Building
- Gourmet s’mores, available at Beaverdale Confections in the Shoppers’ Mart
- Peach, apple or cherry crisps, available at Iowa Orchard located inside the southwest entrance of the Agriculture Building
- Caribbean-style crab fritters, available at Ollie’s Crab Fritters west of the Jacobson Exhibition Center
- German chocolate funnel cakes, available at The Best Around on the Triangle
- Carrot cake funnel cakes, batter includes fresh carrots and traditional carrot cake spices topped with homemade cream cheese icing, available at Westmoreland Concessions located west of the Giant Slide
- Blue sapphire funnel cakes, gourmet chocolate cake batter deep-fried and topped with your choice of homemade icing or powdered sugar, named in honor of the 100 year anniversary of the Titanic, available at Westmoreland Concessions located west of the Giant Slide
- Chocolate covered chocolate chip cannolis on-a-stick, available at Dipped in Chocolate on the southwest corner of the Pioneer Livestock Pavilion
- Chocolate covered chocolate chip cookie dough pops on-a-stick, available at Dipped in Chocolate on the southwest corner of the Pioneer Livestock Pavilion
- Deep fried pickle “dawgs” available at the Dawg House on the Triangle
- Fruit on-a-stick with a yogurt dipping sauce, available at The Salad Bowl on the balcony of the Agriculture Building and the Cultural Center Courtyard
- Double Bacon Corn Dog, a hot dog wrapped in bacon, deep fried, dipped in bacon bit enriched batter and deep fried again to golden perfection, available at the Campbell's stand in Fun Forest
- Bacon Wrapped Eggs, egg cooked in a muffin tin wrapped in bacon and covered with cheese, available at The Bird’s Nest, west of the Anderson Erickson Dairy Stage
- The Spicy Texan, a burger with jalapeno peppers, hot sauce and pepper cheeses in between a grilled cheese sandwich, available at The Bird’s Nest, west of the Anderson Erickson Dairy Stage