Iowa State Fair Food
The Iowa State Fair boasts nearly 200 food stands and nearly 70 delectable items available on-a-stick.
Two Iowa Celiac support groups combined efforts to develop a list of offerings for those dealing with food allergies or health related issues. Check out a list of the Gluten-free food options.
Check out our Food Finder page to see where you can purchase all of your favorite Fair Foods!
Fair Food Finder App
The Des Moines Register partners with the Iowa State Fair to provide a Fair Food Finder app compatible with all apple devices. The app's functionality is also available as a mobile webpage for non-apple users.
New Food at the Fair
Check out our top three finalists for our 2015 New Fair Food Contest!
- Corn in a Cup: Available in two varieties. "The Iowan," which includes a cup of corn niblets, pork sausage, cheddar cheese, mayo, butter, lime and spicy magic dust. "The Mexican" is a blend of corn niblets, pork chorizo, coyote cheese, butter, mayo, lime, and spicy magic dust. (available at The Corn Stand south of the Service Center)
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Cluster: a blend coconut, pretzel pieces, and caramel dipped in chocolate and served on a stick. (available at Dipped in Chocolate at the outer perimeter of the Livestock Pavilion)
- Ultimate Bacon Brisket Bomb: smoked pure ground brisket, diced jalapenos, a few onions, infused with a pepper cheese, all wrapped in bacon, and served with a sweet and spicy chili glaze. (available at The Rib Shack located at the north side of Walnut Square) - Winner of 2015 New Fair Food Contest
Other new foods in 2015 include:
- Apple Pie On-A-Stick (available at Applishus on the Triangle and north of Walnut Square)
- Cattleman's Steak Fajita Wrap (available at Cattleman's Beef Quarters southeast of Walnut Square)
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries on a Stick (available at Strawberry Hut, west of the Jacobson Exhibition Center)
- Chocolate Marshmallow Malt Fair Square (available at the Fair Square stand at the northwest corner of the Administration Building)
- Bruschetta(available at Parlo Pizza near Grandfather's Barn)
- Deep Fried Cherry Pie (available at Fyfe Concessions in front of The Grandstand)
- Deep Fried Nacho Balls (available at Jalapeno Pete's on the Grand Concourse)
- Donut Sundae (available at Ford's Concessions in Walnut Square)
- Golden Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Stick(available at Veggie Table on the north side of The Varied Industries Building, west of the main entrance)
- Gluten Free Corndog (available at Campbell's Concessions at the northwest corner of The Varied Industries building)
- Kernel Kluster (available at Snappy Popcorn, which is north of the Animal Learning Center and east of Little Hands on the Farm)
- Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake (available at Westmoreland's Funnel Cakes, south of the Riley Stage)
- 27 Degree Super Chill Beer(available at Steer 'N Stein on the Grand Concourse)