Top Banners Awarded in Iowa State Fair Chester White Show
August 28, 2017
Neil Albertson of Fremont captured the Grand Champion Boar banner at the Chester White Swine show judged Thursday, August 18 at the 2017 Iowa State Fair.
Bombei & Sons Showpigs of Delta took home the Reserve Grand Champion Boar banner.
Grand Champion Gilt honors were awarded to Randy and Becky Schmidt of Williamsburg while the Lynch Brothers of Ankeny won Reserve Grand Champion Gilt honors.
Animals are divided according to farrowing date based on the other animals entered in the competition.
Additional results below:
Gilts Class 1
1) Randy and Becky Schmidt, Williamsburg
2) Cami Maurer, Wilton
3) Neil Albertson, Fremont
4) Holden Oulman, Garner
Gilts Class 2
1) Lynch Brothers, Ankeny
2) Rowdy Campfield, Runnells
3) Lynch Brothers, Ankeny
4) Austin Sneller, Prairie City
5) Olson Spot Farm, Newhall
6) Grimm Family Farm, Keosauqua
7) Grimm Family Farm, Keosauqua
Gilts Class 3
1) Long Family Farms, Cedar
2) Fly N V Family Farms, Runnells
3) Reggie Voyles, Sac City
4) Ray Williamson, Eagle Grove
Boar Class 1
1) Neil Albertson, Fremont
2) Bombei & Sons Showpigs, Delta
3) Grimm Family Farm, Keosauqua
Boar Class 2
1) Fly N V Family Farms, Runnells
2) Toenjes Show Pigs, Center Junction
3) Toenjes Show Pigs, Center Junction
Frequently ranked as one of the top events in the country, the Iowa State Fair is the single largest event in the state of Iowa and one of the oldest and largest agricultural and industrial expositions in the country. Annually attracting more than a million people from all over the world, the Iowa State Fair located at East 30th and East University, just 10 minutes from downtown Des Moines is Iowa’s greatest celebration with a salute to the best in agriculture, industry, entertainment and achievement. “Nothing Compares” to State Fair Thrills, August 10-20, 2017. For more information, visit www.iowastatefair.org.