Aug 11 - 21, 2022
Pairs worked together to improve a recipe in the Tag Team Food Challenge competition, judged Sunday, August 22, at the 2021 Iowa State Fair.
Hadley Harvey and Hannah Harvey of Des Moines won First Place Overall.
Natalia Hunter and Micah Hunter of Des Moines won Second Place Overall, and Jenny Peterson and Julie Peterson of Knoxville won Third Place Overall.
Entries were judged on taste/flavor, story/teamwork and presentation.
Tag Team Appetizer
Tag Team Main Dish/Side Dish
1) Hannah Harvey & Hadley Harvey, Des Moines
2) Kayla Geerts and Sheryl Geerts, Johnston
Tag Team Dessert/Snack
1) Natalia Hunter & Micah Hunter, Waukee
2) Jenny Petersen & Julie Petersen, Knoxville
3) Brenda Klyn & Mackenzie Becker, Pella
The Iowa State Fair Food Department is the largest of any state fair in the country. There are 134 divisions, 603 classes and nearly 6500 entries at this year’s Fair. Food Department judging is held in the Elwell Family Food Center sponsored by Urban Air.