2017 Entry Deadlines
To ensure inclusion in the 2017 competitive classes, entry forms and fees must have been submitted prior to the deadlines listed below.
June 9 (no late entries accepted)
- Fine Art - entries must be submitted online at https://iowastatefair.artcall.org/
June 17 & 18 (no late entries accepted)
- Photography - delivery of photos and entry form/fee to the Fairgrounds. Mailed Photography entries must be postmarked May 22 - June 10.
July 1 (late entries accepted until July 8 – must pay a late fee)
- Ag. & Hort. - Farm Crops*
- Ag. & Hort. - Fruit Crops*
- Ag. & Hort. - Vegetable Crops*
- Angora Goat
- Beef Cattle
- Boer Goat
- Creative Arts & Crafts*
- Dairy Cattle
- Dairy Goat
- Doll Houses & Miniature Rooms*
- Fabric & Threads*
- Oenology - Amateur Wine & Beer Making
- Wood Projects
July 1 (no late entries accepted)
- Commercial Wine*
- 4-H (Enter through County Extension Office; Iowa 4-H members only.)
- FFA (Enter through FFA Ag Instructor; Iowa FFA members only.)
July 14 (no late entries accepted unless noted)
- Ag Mechanics & Technology*
- Apiary - Beekeeping
- Cowgirl Queen*
- Sheep Shearing (Entries accepted until August 1 with a $10 late fee)
- Stock Dog Trials
- Wool Show
* Must be a resident of Iowa to enter.
Questions? Contact the Competitive Events Department at 515-262-3111 ext. 207.