2016 Entry Deadlines
To ensure inclusion in the 2016 competitive classes, entry forms and fees must have been submitted prior to the deadlines listed below.
June 11 (no late entries accepted)
- Fine Art - entries must be submitted online at https://iowastatefair.artcall.org/
June 18 & 19 (no late entries accepted)
- Photography - delivery of photos and entry form/fee to the Fairgrounds. Mailed Photography entries must be postmarked May 23 - June 11.
July 1 (late entries accepted until July 8 – must pay a late fee)
- Ag. & Hort. - Farm Crops*
- Ag. & Hort. - Fruit Crops*
- Ag. & Hort. - Vegetable Crops*
- Angora Goat
- Beef Cattle
- Boer Goat
- Commercial Wine*
- Creative Arts & Crafts*
- Dairy Cattle
- Dairy Goat
- Doll Houses & Miniature Rooms*
- Fabric & Threads*
- Oenology - Amateur Wine & Beer Making
- Wood Projects
July 1 (no late entries accepted)
- 4-H (Enter through County Extension Office; Iowa 4-H members only.)
- FFA (Enter through FFA Ag Instructor; Iowa FFA members only.)
July 14 (no late entries accepted unless noted)
- Ag Mechanics & Technology*
- Apiary - Beekeeping
- Cowgirl Queen*
- Sheep Shearing (Entries accepted until August 1 with a $10 late fee)
- Stock Dog Trials
- Wool Show
* Must be a resident of Iowa to enter.
Questions? Contact the Competitive Events Department at 515-262-3111 ext. 207.