2018 Entry Deadlines
Check back soon for details on the 2018 entry deadlines.
2017 Entry Deadlines
To ensure inclusion in the 2017 competitive classes, entry forms and fees must have been submitted prior to the deadlines listed below.
June 9 (no late entries accepted)
- Fine Art - entries must be submitted online at https://iowastatefair.artcall.org/
June 17 & 18 (no late entries accepted)
- Photography - delivery of photos and entry form/fee to the Fairgrounds. Mailed Photography entries must be postmarked May 22 - June 10.
July 1 (late entries accepted until July 8 – must pay a late fee)
- Ag. & Hort. - Farm Crops*
- Ag. & Hort. - Fruit Crops*
- Ag. & Hort. - Vegetable Crops*
- Angora Goat
- Beef Cattle
- Boer Goat
- Creative Arts & Crafts*
- Dairy Cattle
- Dairy Goat
- Doll Houses & Miniature Rooms*
- Fabric & Threads*
- Oenology - Amateur Wine & Beer Making
- Wood Projects
July 1 (no late entries accepted)
- Commercial Wine*
- 4-H (Enter through FairEntry; Iowa 4-H members only.)
- FFA (Enter through FFA Ag Instructor; Iowa FFA members only.)
July 14 (no late entries accepted unless noted)
- Ag Mechanics & Technology*
- Apiary - Beekeeping
- Cowgirl Queen*
- Sheep Shearing (Entries accepted until August 1 with a $10 late fee)
- Stock Dog Trials
- Wool Show
* Must be a resident of Iowa to enter.
Questions? Contact the Competitive Events Department at 515-262-3111 ext. 207.