Iowa State Fair Ticket Office Now Open
Print at Home Tickets Offer Greater Convenience
Monday, July 11, 2011 Des Moines, IA
“Nothing Compares” to affordable family entertainment at the Iowa State Fair, August 11 – 21. For Fairgoers planning ahead, the State Fair Ticket Office is now open and is offering discounted tickets for admission, rides and more. Or purchase online and choose the print at home option for an even easier way to get your tickets.
Save up to 30% off gate admission with advance admission tickets, on sale through August 10. Adult admission tickets are just $7 in advance (regularly $10), and children’s admission is only $3 in advance (regularly $4). New this year, Fairgoers can print advance admission tickets at home when purchasing them online at iowastatefair.org. This fee free option is easy and convenient. Tickets may also be purchased at participating Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee Drugstores, Dahl's Foods, Fareway Stores and the State Fair Ticket Office. Tickets are good any one Fair day. Children 5 and under are admitted free every day.
Fair Play Packs
These value-packed kits are good any Fair day and are perfect for employee incentives or Fair-loving families! Fair Play Packs are available at the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org through August 10. Three different packages provide visitors of all ages with plenty of food, fun and entertainment. The three packs include:
· Ages 12 and older, $19 (up to a $26.50 value): Includes one adult gate admission, one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Sky Glider ride, one Snakes Alive or Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission, one Area 51 – Scare Zone Admission and five $1 food and beverage coupons.
· Ages 6-11, $18 (up to a $25.50 value): Includes one child gate admission, one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Sky Glider ride, one Snakes Alive or Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission, one Area 51 – Scare Zone Admission, one midway ride and five $1 food and beverage coupons.
· Ages 5 and under, $15 (up to a $23.50 value): Includes one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Sky Glider ride, one Snakes Alive or Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission, two midway rides and five $1 food and beverage coupons.
Buy a convenient Punch Card with 11 days of adult Fair admission for just $77. Each punch is good for one admission to the Fair. Cards may be used by individuals or families. Punch Cards may only be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org.
Save on the midway with a Midway Play Pack - a set of five midway ride tickets for only $13. Each ticket is good for one ride. Or purchase a Midway Mega Pass wristband, good for unlimited mechanical rides any one Fair day from open to close. Mega Passes are $25 and do not include gate admission. Both options are available through August 10 and may be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org.
Buy a set of ten $1 food coupons good for food or beverage purchase at any Fairgrounds concession, excluding the midway. Cost is $10 per set, and they may be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at iowastatefair.org.
Enjoy these special offers only available during the Fair:
· On Opening Day, August 11, from 6 a.m. to noon, enjoy half off of gate admission with the
coupon in the Fair’s Daily Program Guide.
· Save with half price gate admission after 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
· On Older Iowans’ Day, August 17, gate admission is just $7 for Fairgoers ages 60 and over.
· On Thursday, August 18, from 6 a.m. to noon children ages 6-11 are admitted free with
coupon. Children under age 5 are admitted free every day.
· On Extreme Sunday, August 21, take advantage of half-price admission all day and free
parking for carloads of five or more in the Fair’s north parking lot.
· During the Fair, purchase a midway wristband any weekday for unlimited mechanical rides
from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wristbands are $25 and are available during the Fair at midway ticket
The State Fair Ticket Office, located in the Administration Building on the Fairgrounds, is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Online and phone orders will close July 29. Walk-up orders will be available until August 10. Cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard or Discover are accepted. All offers good while supplies last.
Fairgoers can enjoy an even bigger benefit when buying early: advance admission tickets have a coupon for a free small Potato Olé® at participating Iowa-area Taco John’s. Coupon expires 9/30/11. See store for details.
About the Iowa State Fair
“Nothing Compares” to the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30thand East University Avenue, just 10 minutes east of downtown Des Moines. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.