Eighteen New Foods to Debut at 2013 Iowa State Fair
Monday, July 22, 2013 Des Moines, IA
“Happiness Is” new Fair foods and treats set to make their debut at the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The fresh menu offerings join the list of nearly 200 food choices available throughout the Fairgrounds.
Ten additional new foods will join the eight previously announced items that were part of the Fair’s new food contest. Those eight foods, all served on-a-stick, include: Shrimp Corndog, Strawberry Smoothie, Bacon Wrapped Riblet, Sweet Corn Corndog, Deep Fried Brownie, Coconut Mountain, Rib Shack Cowboy and Soft Salted Chocolate-Dipped Almond Pretzel.
Other new foods include:
- Carmel Apple Funnel Cake at Westmorland Concessions
- Strawberry Funnel Cake at Westmorland Concessions
- Maple Bacon Funnel Cake at The Best Around Concessions
- Jalapeno Cheese Corndog at Campbell’s Concessions
- Fresh Tenderloin Sandwich at Chuckie’s Tenderloins
- Bratwurst on a Pretzel Bun at Arnold’s Concessions
- Cajun Flavored Cheese Curds at Brad and Harry’s Cheese Curds
- Deep Fried Prairie Oysters at Cattleman’s Beef Quarters
- Fresh Wood Oven Pizza at Parlo Pizza
- Graham Champion Fair Square at the northwest corner of the Administration Building
Visit www.iowastatefair.org/fair-attractions/food for the complete list of new Fair foods, as well as a list of healthy and gluten-free options and vendor locations.
About the Iowa State Fair
“Nothing Compares” to the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University Avenue, just 10 minutes east of downtown Des Moines. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.